Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable, and high return activities in the search marketing field. Ranking for the right keywords can make or break your website. Learn how to do keyword research by researching your market’s keyword demand, you can not only learn which terms and phrases to target with SEO, but also learn more about your customers as a whole.
Below is my free way on how to do keyword research
- Goto Google Keyword Planner
- Once logged in click “search for new keyword and ad group ideas”
- Type keyword like “fat burning” then click get ideas
- Then click the tab that says “keyword ideas”
- Then click “avg monthly searches” until the highest searches appear at top
- Look for keywords with 1000 searches a month or more, the more the better
- Look for keyword with competition “low”
- Look for keyword with suggested bid over “$1.00”
- Double-check the competition quickly by simply going to Google.com and searching for the following: allintitle:“keyword here” allintext:“keyword here” allinurl:“keyword here” You will see the all website with your keyword in it, look for keywords with 30,000 or less websites
- Check top ten sites and check the 4 Y which mean check to see if website has keyword in URL,Title,Tags, Description, Header.
- Goto Google.com and start typing a keyword and see what google suggest.
- Once a keyword found put in “” in you should only go after keyword with 30,000 to 15,000.
- Now check google keyword planner on how many searches it gets, only go after keywords with 1000 or more searches.
- Now goto google and type intitle:”keyword” the lower the better.
If the keyword you found has all the points above, great you have a winning keyword and you would then go after that keyword and write some content about that keyword.